Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Pain-free menstruation and natural childbirth

According to this forum post, menstruation is not inherently linked to PMS (premenstrual syndrome).
"It seems like most women believe that painful cramps and moodiness are inherently linked to menstruation, since so many women experience these symptoms everytime they menstruate or right before the onset of their period. Some might even think it is not normal for a girl or woman to not experience any negative symptoms during their menses.
But I personally never believed it to be normal when women experience pain from their menstruation as I never experienced it and I have always thought that painful periods are not just a natural part of a woman's physiology that she has to put up with, because I don't believe it's normal and it's just a typical sexist belief to think that Nature or God would make women suffer merely for being a woman.
I've always seen it as something psychological that has manifested itself into the physical level, something that women collectively carry along and I think I read a good explanation of the deeper-lying cause of those symptoms that accompany many women's moontime."
~ Yazzmyne
Having read the above post, I think it is interesting to see and understand the psychological (and perhaps metaphysical) aspects of menstruation - given that we all are energy and we are all interconnected, it makes sense to see that the collective consciousness of women would have accumulated the past hurt and abuse caused by the oppression in male-dominated patriarchal societies, and at the same time, it is empowering to know that women can reclaim their inherent power and be free from the pain body consciousness, by realising their true identity as goddesses, and that they need not subscribe to the conventional idea that menstruation and giving birth are always associated with pain - instead, they can expect to experience these natural processes without pain and even with joy and enlightenment, as the post puts it.

Here's sharing this interesting blog on moontime which I have come across some time ago, and it came to mind when I was reading the post.
"As women raised up in religious, patriarchal and misogynistic societies, we are taught our bodies are shameful, we are the center of sin, we are “unclean.” Our “moon time” or menstrual period are to be hidden. We are ashamed, embarrassed… Such a potentially spiritual time is degraded.
There was a time when a woman’s moon time was celebrated. The blood isn’t brought about through violence - peaceful blood - so it is holy. It is different.
...
The Oglala Sioux people of the North American prairies have a long history of revering the menstruating woman as a powerful being. The newly menstruating girl would traditionally undergo a purification ritual and undertake instruction from a holy woman. She would be compared to the sacred Mother Earth, yet her power was also considered to be dangerous if the proper rituals and instructions were not given. But once these conditions were met, her holiness was considered to extend to the entire tribe, not just to herself.
After these rituals, the young woman was told: “You are the tree of life. You will now be pure and holy, and may your generations to come be fruitful! Wherever your feet touch will be a sacred place, for now you will always carry with you a very great influence.”
According to the above blog, in some ancient cultures or indigenous societies, where women are treated equally and honoured, menstruation is seen as an occasion for celebration and reverence, not shame. Unfortunately, some patriarchal socieites have unwittingly put shame on women for experiencing what is only normal and natural. It is important therefore for more people to realise and appreciate the divinity and uniqueness of divine womanhood.

I also like what the post in the forum says here.
"If most women would take on the belief that they naturally can have painfree menstruation and painfree childbirth and even see these typical female phenomena as ways to become enlightened, gynecology would cease to exist and it will automatically lose it's grip and power over women when they become aware of their own true power."
~ Yazzmyne
When growing up, I also used to think that childbirth is almost always associated with pain (or labour pain), no thanks to mass media. Yet, recently, I have come across a post in an inspirational page in Facebook that shares about women who experience pleasure (or orgasm) during childbirth. I googled about it and came across similar accounts of women experiencing ecstatic joy during childbirth.
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=6120045&page=1#.UGO8_vlrbeM
'Dr. Christiane Northrup, a board-certified OB-GYN and author of "Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom" and "Mother-Daughter Wisdom," said orgasms during labor are caused by basic science.
...
To actually experience an orgasmic, or pleasurable birth, Northrup says it's important for women to lose their fear and their inhibitions. One method is to practice relaxation techniques. For Hartnell, chanting and doing yoga helped transform the pain into what she calls simply "sensations."'
http://www.orgasmicbirth.com/what-is-orgasmic-birth
"It is possible to have an ecstatic birth—in fact, that is the best natural high that I know of. And these states of consciousness are best reached when a woman is fully aware and fully awake. Women don’t have a way to know how their body works until they really try it out in birth. I think that women can be just completely surprised by the change in them from giving birth—you have something powerful in you—that fierce thing comes up—and I think babies need moms to have that fierceness—you feel like you can do anything and that’s the feeling we want moms to have."
I think the idea of having pain-free menstruation and pain-free natural childbirth goes against the grain of the mindset of mainstream society. Like what the forum said, maybe it is because gynecology and patriarchy "do not want women to become enlightened and find their true power". Yet there have been real-life cases of women experiencing pleasure during childbirth, as mentioned in the above websites, so I believe that is possible when women rediscover their true identity and enjoy their goddesshood.

Related articles

1 comment:

  1. I had a tubal July 2020 and have not felt the same since. I have horrible PMS for the entire week prior to my period, my cramping and bleeding is off the chart, migraines three times a week, hot flashes are starting. My doctor suggested getting an IUD...That was even worse DON'T DO IT!!! I have gained so much weight I weigh more than I was when I was pregnant last year. So I have been in search of weight loss and I did crossfit for 90 days with no results. Then a friend of mine introduced me to Dr Itua herbal center product and I was resistant at first but thought what the hell I will try it for 30 days. In 3 weeks time I have lost 8 pounds but the best part is some of my symptoms have gone away or are far less noticeable. I started my period three days ago and on day two I realized NO CRAMPING at all!!! Then I realized that the pms was not nearly as bad as it had been...There was no dull achy pain, no lower back pain, no deep depression, less tired. I just wanted to share this because I stumbled upon what seems to be a miracle. I will keep you posted as the months go on. I am so grateful and hope that everyone suffering can get the same relief I have found. Please email Dr Itua Herbal Center On drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com for more herbal remedy also he can cure Hiv/Aids, Herpes, Cancer, Parkinson, MS, Diabetes, Hepatitis, Fibroid, he can help with a remedy to get pregnant as well. if you want more info just contact him to share your health problems.

    ReplyDelete

Notes on Inner Qi seminar

Inner Qi seminar Aligning your sub-conscious for health, wealth and happiness - Master CK "Yellow emperor's inner classi...